The purpose of this position is to plan, estimate and coordinate project requests from premium key accounts (e.g. builders and developers), external agencies, FortisBC departments, as well as end-use customers, where the projects present the greatest complexity. This role works both independently and with guidance to develop designs for distribution projects of the greatest complexity. This position prepares pricing and cost estimates and conducts field reconnaissance for related projects. The role is a liaison with customers, contractors, developers and others in matters related to alterations, renewals, upgrades, improvements and additions to the distribution systems.
- defining customer requirements and project scope, creating and maintaining customer data,
- ensuring all service product requirements are collected,
- explaining FortisBC processes, procedures and requirements to customers,
- selecting the appropriate service products and pricing,
- conveying related permit requirements to customers,
- informing the customer of the price for the service product(s),
- scheduling the work with the customer following a check of crew (capacity planning) and materials availability and creating work orders.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure during peak workload periods in order to meet tight deadlines.
- metering consolidations/de-consolidations,
- meter protection,
- commercial/industrial metering assembly upgrades (company driven),
- corrosion maintenance (houseline/riser replacement, anode bed install/removal),
- IP/TP service line additions/removals,
- complex main and valve lowerings, raisings, and/or abandonments,
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills including telephone call handling skills and the ability to respond to difficult or demanding situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated courteous, professional manner in dealing with internal and external contacts and customers, including positive interpersonal skills and the ability to provide direction in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems of a technical nature, and understand the implication of costs, risks, operability and safety.
Qualification & Experience:
- Four (4) years directly related relevant work experience (a minimum of two (2) years typically gained as a Planning and Design Technologist 1).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A