Working in accordance with the organization’s strategic vision, core values and leadership competencies and reporting to the Supervisor, Generation Engineering, this position will provide mechanical engineering support to FortisBC Generation Operations and Third Party customers; provide project management and administration services; and contribute to planning, engineering, design, and quality assurance requirements.
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise, oversight and leadership along with technical direction to ensure compliance with industry codes, regulations, established standards and best practices. Assess and manage operational and equipment risk, including recommendations to mitigate risk through planning, design and operational/project controls. Collaborate and provide support to associated operating areas including Operations, Major Maintenance and Project Management.
- Develop direction and plans to meet identified goals and targets including setting priorities, assigning or re-arranging work and projects. Develop Mechanical Engineering work packages and manage related budgets. Review work and monitor progress and performance of activities and projects.
- Coordinate activities and plans; utilize available resources to provide effective team/project management and to ensure work is completed in accordance with statutes, codes, rules and standard specifications and processes. Perform the same activities of team; evaluate and review designs and specifications prepared by professional staff; review and approve staff prepared technical reports, recommended enforcement actions and permits.
- Provide design and engineering service to Project Management Office and Operations and other groups at Generations as needed.
- Provide guidance to others to ensure that best practice work methods, related equipment and related tools are utilized. Participate in the development of procedures and policies. Identify gaps or improvement areas; initiate and develop team processes and procedures for responsibilities such as inspections, permitting, design, and reviews. Recommend and implement departmental policies.
- Working knowledge of safety management and applicable regulatory codes and standards
- Working knowledge of generation equipment and systems preferred
- Working knowledge of general engineering techniques
- Working knowledge of business, financial and negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of the electrical power system
- Working knowledge of labour relations
- Communication and collaboration skills, including writing business cases and making presentations
- Working knowledge of budget concept and principles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A