This position is responsible to supervise and provide leadership to a team of skilled resources to meet daily operational demands and support the generation, distribution, transmission and delivery of energy, safely and reliably, to FortisBC customers within a designated geographical area and/or facility.
- Participate in selecting, orientating and training new employees. Provide coaching to support performance, quality of work, and ongoing training and development of staff; manage attendance, identify performance issues and collaborate with others regarding disciplinary matters.
- Maintain a safe and healthy workplace for staff in order to meet health, safety and emergency requirements. Maintain adherence to safe work procedures and practices including Site Safe Work Planning; provide safety information and supplies, including the use of personal protective equipment. Participate in incident investigations.
- Provide financial oversight including the management of costs associated to staff, facilities, vehicles, tools and equipment; review and approve invoices, third party contracts and internal service agreements. Investigate, resolve and report variances.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal stakeholders, customers, contractors, builders, municipal agencies, emergency response and environmental management personnel.
- Travel to work sites to provide quality oversight and maintain compliance with work and industry standards, applicable metrics, and service level agreements. Utilize field experience and technical knowledge to solve work related problems and/or collaborate and refer to others.
- Knowledge of Company policies, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of labour relations including application of collective agreement(s)
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff
- Demonstrated ability to attend to emergencies and co-ordinate activities under stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally, electronically and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and demanding work schedules
- Demonstrated ability to apply conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of safety management, processes and procedures
- Knowledge of computer and MS Office systems
- Knowledge of human resource policies and procedures
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A