Lexitas is a legal support company that offers an array of services including court reporting, medical record retrieval, registered agent services and legal talent outsourcing.
Our Houston office, part of our Records Retrieval Division, is currently looking for a Record Support Specialist. Our Record Support Specialist position is an important role that ensures that our law firm clients get the medical records they need to resolve their cases. The Spirit of Service is our driving force and we are looking for individuals who are also driven by serving clients and delivering excellent service.
The Record Support Specialist (RSS) is the team member who starts the process of obtaining and delivering medical records requested by our clients. This is mainly accomplished by making phone calls and sending requests to medical providers and then following up to ensure that we receive and process the requested records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Quickly and efficiently make calls to providers to follow up on requests for medical records. Complete the daily/weekly quotas and expectations set out by your manager.
- Provide prompt and effective customer service to clients.
- Document all correspondences with medical providers and clients.
- Maintain work quality as determined by Quality Reviews
- Meet daily and weekly performance standards
- Manage relationships and requests from providers.
- Process medical records and bills as they come in to make them available to the law firm
- Coordinate work efforts with our Account Managers.
- Safeguard confidentiality of medical records and comply with all local, state, and federal laws pertaining to medical records. Ensure compliance with all HIPAA regulations concerning use, retrieval, storage, and sharing of medical records.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Drive to achieve excellence in day-to-day operations.
- A “can do” attitude, with tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get the job done.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build and sustain good relationships with providers.
- The ability to adjust quickly to altering circumstances.
- The ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines.
- General computer skills (Outlook, Word, Adobe Acrobat, Internet Explorer, and Windows)
- Availability to work occasional overtime as required.
- The ability to think quickly and logically to ensure expedient response to customer inquiries.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Exhibits Core Values: Service Excellence, Positivity, Respect, Initiative and Teamwork.
- Knowledge of legal terminology preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with subpoenas, written depositions and affidavits a plus.
- A positive team player with the ability to communicate with team members.
- Detail oriented, efficient and highly organized.
- A problem-solver with outside-of-the-box thinking always striving for better ways to complete tasks at hand.
- A team player.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A