To provide timely, quality, and cost-effective repair and maintenance for vehicle fleet including tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment that requires preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, modifications, and repairs.
- Performs preventative and routine maintenance on tractors, trailers, forklifts, and other equipment
- Performs basic diagnostics to identify source of trouble and makes necessary adjustments to equipment for safe and efficient operation
- Works with other technicians in performing preventative maintenance and repairs
- Ensures proper and accurate documentation of all maintenance performed, completes reports in writing and electronically
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and documents the work
- Performs paint and body work on vehicles, as required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- High School Diploma (or GED), preferred
- Must have one (1) year experience performing vehicle maintenance or either possess (or be within sixty (60) days of obtaining) a vehicle maintenance certificate from an accredited vocation/trade school or completion of the FedEx Freight, Inc. Apprentice Program with satisfactory performance.
- One or more Medium/Heavy Truck ASE Certifications and Class A CDL preferred
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks
- Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment
- Knowledge of the use and operation of testing equipment, gauges and tools associated with vehicle troubleshooting and repairs
- Basic computer skills including maintenance programs, and diagnostic systems
- Basic knowledge of gas and diesel engines
- Familiarity with precision measurement instruments, oxygen/acetylene equipment, and lifting devices (bottle, floor, wheel, or transmission jacks, floor cranes, etc.) preferred.
- Able to frequently lift components weighing approximately 110 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Ability to safely operate vehicles equipped with manual and automatic transmission
- Ability to enter and exit driver’s compartment of truck and/or behind cab using normally available foot and handholds
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A