Reporting to the E-Commerce, Online Travel Agency (OTA) & Partnership Manager, the Senior OTA Sales Executive will be responsible for supporting Emirates OTA revenue streams and activities on a US and Canada point of sale level. The role entails exploiting the Internet as a sales, business development and customer interaction tool to reach the Commercial objectives set for the market. You will work closely with the local Emirates Sales team to execute the localised sales strategy including, direct marketing, pricing and management of online OTA sales activities and exploitation of new and existing OTA functionality. The role further entails account management of OTA relationships and project managing new business opportunities.
- Develop regular and ad-hoc sales and campaign reports using analytics tools, that will support strategic decisions and planning for the channel.
- Preparation of quarterly business reviews to enable strategic discussions and enhancements with OTA accounts.
- In conjunction with the VP Sales and e-commerce and partnership manager, develop, implement and manage OTA sales channels and strategies.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an online pricing strategy to achieve OTA sales targets in conjunction with the local Sales organization and the Pricing department. Liaise with all internal/ external stakeholders regularly to ensure all campaign/channel activity initiatives are properly identified, communicated, planned, executed and measured and compliant with the local legal requirements. Co-ordinate with and Global Sales Emirates Group Headquarters (EGHQ) on all offers. Continuously monitor competitor activity and review the pricing strategy to ensure the value proposition of the OTA channel.
- Development of market specific strategy to increase OTA sales. Identify and manage business development relationships to increase OTA sales.
- Develop and manage local OTA Commercial relationships as well as Global accounts that ticket in the US. Leverage the relationships to develop and implement activity to increase OTA revenue and market share. Implement commercial contracts and ensure that these and existing agreements are maintained and administered in a professional manner. Manage and ensure local incentive payments are dealt with promptly.
- Identify direct connect opportunities with OTAs and develop strategy to optimise distribution costs and efficiencies.
- Keep abreast of new functionality and sales opportunities with OTA partners, ensuring Emirates is top-of-mind for implementation and test phases.
- Development of the annual Sales and Marketing Plan to align with Emirates’ online local market strategy
- Development of a monthly feedback report to E-Commerce and Global Sales HQ. Share knowledge and experience gained in local market across the network.
- Manage all interaction and account details in Salesforce.com, including but not limited to account particulars, current agent contacts, meetings and discussions held with the account, and all campaign activities.
- Ensure the agreed Corporate Communications policy and Brand guidelines process is adhered to for all OTA marketing/media activity.
Graduate with a minimum 3 years’ experience in an online marketing capacity is required. Experience in the E-Commerce environment and an understanding of technology is essential. OTA and/or Airline industry experience in a marketing/sales or operational capacity would be advantageous but is not mandatory.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to a fast changing environment.
- Familiarity with best practices in web-based marketing is essential. Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications also essential. Salesforce.com experience is advantageous.
- Understanding of the internet, e-commerce, direct sales and marketing knowledge is essential.
- The ability to work with analytics tools, interpret and analyse data to create recommendations and reports is essential.
- Specific knowledge of the airline industry, Frequent Flyer Programs, OTAs and global distribution channels would be advantageous.
- A systematic and logical approach to problem solving, and a capacity to work around problems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York City, United States
Application Deadline: N/A