To manage the financial and accounting activities of Emirates business by organising and managing the Finance team (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll & Compliance and Cargo) including recruitment, training of staff and allocation/reallocation of duties.
- Supervision of all Payroll matters including the overtime, shift pay, social security and taxation, pension contributions of permanent and temporary staff to ensure accuracy of payroll data and payments made in a timely manner and necessary records kept updated. Keep up to date with statutory changes that affect payroll and pension matters and give guidance and direction as required.
- Timely submission of all mandatory reports, taxation claims and ADP returns etc. and scrutinise all staff expenses on a weekly basis and ensure appropriate payments made.
- Total management and responsibility of Accounts Payable function, ensuring that the Company’s bank accounts are accurately updated on a daily basis, payments made to suppliers both timely and correct, and that costs are recorded accurately in the Company’s accounting system including on time monthly and year-end closing and reporting to HO.
- Total management and responsibility of Revenue Accounts and Credit Risk Management, analysis and evaluation of all agreements new and existing and identify areas for cost control and reduction. Supervise the maintenance of a database of all agreements and contracts in place, checking of all invoices received from suppliers against the agreements and verify application of financial controls and procedures on financial and accounting activities.
- Carry out regular bank reconciliations, update cash books with any direct debits and credits not previously accounted and ensure banking is done on a timely basis and liaise with the Bank to resolve any outstanding matters.
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash-flow forecasts indicating funds available for transfer to HO, liaison with Treasury and repatriation of funds and updating accounting procedures within the Finance Section and carry out regular reconciliations of the balance sheet accounts in the ledger to improve quality of service provided to both internal and external customers.
- Provide comprehensive budgeting support to the FAM/Regional FAM so that the desired quality is achieved in their budget submissions.
- Assist FAM/Regional FAM and deputise in their absence to undertake various administrative duties together with other relevant finance personnel as necessary.
- Degree (Recognised professional accounting qualification to the standard of Chartered Accountant, CPA or similar preferred)
- Advanced accounting knowledge and skills with analytical ability
- Knowledge of airline operations and accounting will be advantageous
- Knowledge of IATA/BSP matter and knowledge of Taxation issues
- Proven ability to organise a busy work schedule and meet deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office package
- 5 years of professional experience, of which 3 years must be in a senior supervisory capacity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A