Under general supervision, and through subordinate Senior Mechanics, the Equipment Supervisor evaluates and directs the activities of journey level mechanics engaged in maintaining, modifying, overhauling, and repairing automobiles, light or heavy trucks, off-road construction equipment and small tools and equipment.
Planning, scheduling, assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of employees engaged in the repair, overhaul, modification, maintenance, and adjustment of automobiles, light or heavy trucks, and construction equipment.
• Estimating the cost of labor, parts, and supplies necessary for the performance of the work.
• Maintaining and preparing reports of fuel and vehicle usage, repair and maintenance costs, preventive maintenance and repair schedules, parts costs and inventory levels using the automated Equipment Maintenance System.
• Maintaining detailed computerized records.
• Using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) to prepare reports and communicate with East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) staff and outside vendors.
• Determining, requisitioning, and maintaining a stock of replacement materials, parts, and supplies necessary for the repair and maintenance of the fleet.
• Conducting cost-benefit studies by researching and evaluating prices, availability, operational and maintenance characteristics of alternative products, equipment, and vehicles.
• Overseeing and directing Maintenance Specialists in EBMUD’s Fleet Parts Department.
• Planning and supervising the preventive maintenance program for an assigned section.
• Recommending changes in work processes and making changes in daily priorities as circumstances indicate.
• Developing inspection procedures and verifying completed inspections based on California Vehicle Code (CVC), Bay Area Air Quality Management District, California Highway Patrol, California Air Resources Board (CARB) and other governmental regulations.
1. Completion of twelfth grade or its equivalent AND
2. Three years of experience at the journey level comparable to or higher than EBMUD’s Heavy Equipment Mechanic or Automotive Mechanic classifications.
3. Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
4. Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the class, including sufficient physical agility to climb on, into, or under vehicles and equipment for inspection purposes.
5. Must be willing to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions and work overtime as needed.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A