Under general direction of the Manager of Wastewater Treatment, the Wastewater Treatment Superintendent plans, organizes, schedules, directs, coordinates, and reviews the operation of wastewater collection, treatment and disposal system, and wet weather treatment and recycled water treatment facilities to ensure safe, compliant, and efficient operation.
• Planning, organizing, supervising, and reviewing the work of supervisors and staff engaged in the operation and routine maintenance of wastewater collection, treatment and disposal system, and wet weather treatment and recycled water treatment facilities.
• Planning and directing the assignment of personnel.
• Establishing and directing a process quality control program in coordination with engineering and laboratory personnel to ensure compliance with established standards, contracts and regulations.
• Monitoring equipment performance and coordinating with the Maintenance Superintendent to ensure equipment and process reliability.
• Directing long-range planning, development, and operational improvement.
• Compiling statistical records and preparing periodic and special reports as required.
• Providing group and individual training of staff in proper operations, routine and preventive maintenance, quality control testing procedures and equipment, and safety.
• Preparing annual budget recommendations and reviewing expenditures to ensure that operations remain within budget.
• Developing, implementing, and monitoring cost control procedures and standards.
• Directing the selection, evaluation and development of new employees.
• Resolving employer/employee relation problems.
• the operation of wastewater treatment and disposal facilities, including residuals treatment and disposal.
• the operation of wastewater collection and wet weather treatment facilities.
• the operation of advanced recycled water treatment facilities.
• effective supervisory principles and techniques, including planning, scheduling, and budgetary control functions.
• state and federal regulations (air, water, and safety) pertaining to the work.
• primary, secondary, and advanced wastewater treatment and solids processing practices.
• routine preventive maintenance of equipment.
• wastewater treatment chemistry and microbiology, including biological and biochemical reactions.
• data processing applications to wastewater treatment processes.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A