EBMUD is seeking motivated professionals with experience in water distribution planning and/or environmental documentation and processes and project management.
- Conducting comprehensive engineering and planning studies of EBMUD’s water systems.
- Preparing engineering economic feasibility studies.
- Preparing environmental assessment studies and CEQA documentation on proposed or existing facilities.
- Conducting varied engineering analyses in hydraulics, site planning and system operations.
- Assembling and analyzing water use, urban land use and population and related data to make projections of water consumption, water quality and other growth factors.
- Preparing project documents including project justifications, budget analyses, preliminary cost estimates, project authorization forms and schedules.
- Preparing complete reports including computations, text, charts, sketches, conclusions and recommendations for engineering projects.
- Performing a variety of hydraulic and statistical computations and analyses related to the planning, design and operation of water distribution and treatment facilities.
- Administering outside consultant and general service contracts.
- Leading and directing project teams.
- Presenting project findings and results to management, operations and maintenance staff, and the public.
- Providing design and construction support for water distribution projects.
- A bachelor’s degree in an ABET-accredited civil or closely related engineering curriculum OR a California EIT Certificate;
- Four years of professional civil engineering experience (subsequent to obtaining a bachelor’s degree); AND
- California registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A