Website The Walt Disney Company
Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services.
- Apply principled engineering practices including unit testing, integration testing, and continuous integration.
- Develop your technical understanding to support and build your career.
- Be part of an Agile team building the world’s fastest growing media streaming platform.
- Strive for excellence, challenge yourself, and become part of a collaborative, inclusive and diverse team.
- Contribute to or lead a significant part of the implementation, design, testing, and deployment of services within your team.
- Leverage, learn and apply cutting edge technologies on challenging and varied business domains.
- Act as a mentor and an example to others in your team and across the organisation.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to our open source or blog communities
- Excellent communication skills, specifically in understanding, framing and simplifying both technical & business requirements.
- Experience mentoring and coaching more junior engineers on both technical and soft skills.
- Comfort with ambiguity and leading conversations where discordant views are present.
- Experience or strong interest in functional programming and its real-world applications – particularly Scala stacks such as Scalaz, Cats Effect and ZIO.
- Demonstrable experience working as part of a high performing, collaborative, agile team to deliver significant features / requirements.
- Experience of designing, building & operating distributed systems with multi-level failover & fallback strategies.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure, preferably with AWS.
- Web services experience: including REST and GraphQL.
- Monitoring and optimising applications written for the JVM.
- Relational and NoSQL databases, particularly PostgreSQL, Aurora, & DynamoDB with experience modelling & optimising query performance.
- Kinesis or any other streaming data.
- Understanding of statistical analysis of data.
- Experience with or an interest in “DevOps” tooling & infrastructure as code.
- A strong understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Demonstrable understanding of high-quality coding and testing practices.
- An appetite to learn new technologies and a drive for continual improvement.
Company: Manchester, England, UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A