Website The Walt Disney Company
Our very first European Disney+ Original is debuting this October, signalling the start of a new and exciting chapter for The Walt Disney Company and the teams working to support this incredible new portfolio of content. We are recruiting new members for our team which is responsible for creating the marketing strategy and positioning of these diverse new series and the best creative suite of assets, optimising the appeal to our global audiences.
Our goal is to deliver marketing and PR creative assets as well as the production and management of the artwork used on the Disney+ platform itself. This involves close liaison with the production and Disney+ marketing/comms teams, locally, regionally and internationally, via the US, to ensure all requirements for creative assets are met. We also work with Marketing Operations in London and the US around asset management, ensuring the correct specifications are created for title treatments, trailers, key art, etc and to have visibility over localisation plans.
Our broad remit involves us being brand ambassadors for these stories internally and within the industry where we work closely with festival organisers to ensure representation for our content and manage the awards strategy.
A key area is stakeholder management and we regularly engage with production companies, creative agencies, unit publicists, photographers and talent. As a result, we would like to invite applications from people who are: natural communicators, passionate about content, sticklers for detail and can multi-task with the relentless energy to consistently hit deadlines. If you are fluent in another language other than English, that’s another plus.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the role will be key in developing and maintaining communication tools necessary for cross functional teams to stay informed on all titles. It will also have a focus on supporting all in-service creative marketing deliverables.
This role is permanent and based in our London head office in Hammersmith (subject to Covid regulations) however will likely start remotely
- Overseeing the creation of inservice deliverables; static and AV.
- Develop and maintain positioning documents for each Original series and ensure cross functional teams have visibility and input.
- Act as a central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams to ensure effective exchange of campaign information for all UK and EMEA Originals.
- Working closely with the European marketing teams to provide guidance on all in-service requirements and timings.
- Support team in liaison with production companies to deliver all key marketing and PR deliverables.
- Support coordinating access to talent/production for all required marketing/publicity assets eg. set for photo and video shoots as well as PR opportunities.
- Developing overall campaign timelines and deliverables.
- Support creative approval reviews for Original series asset development.
- Close liaison with D+ marketing operations to ensure efficient asset management and localisation.
- Track industry trends and making recommendations.
- Act as the main point of contact with agencies.
- Ad hoc marketing projects to support the wider team objectives.
- Tracking costs, Raising POs, invoices and contracts.
- Proven experience in a similar role in television / related media ideally with a focus on original productions.
- Experience of managing external creative/design/marketing agencies.
- Ability to hit the ground running and demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Passion for entertainment.
- A high level of accuracy, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Fluency of another European language would be ideal.
- Good understanding of the pre-production, production, and post-production process.
- Experience of project management.
- Ability to analyse problems effectively and action solutions to resolve issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating the ability to provide and share information clearly and concisely.
- Understanding of the creative and production process for video and digital materials.
- Experience with marketing and communication projects.
- Good knowledge of marketing campaign and localisation workflows.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of digital asset management and processes.
Company: The Walt Disney Company
Vacancy Type: Internship
Job Location: Iver Heath, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A