Website U.S. Department of the Interior
As a Pathways Intern, you will have an opportunity to explore the Department of the Interior’s mission, responsibilities and role to our Nation. You will also learn about the Federal work environment and discover the opportunities available through Public Service.
The Bureau of Safety & Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) works to promote safety, protect the environment, and conserve resources offshore through vigorous regulatory oversight and enforcement. For information about our bureau go to: http://www.bsee.gov/
This internship opportunity is within the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement, Office of Administration, Human Resources, located in Sterling, VA.
At the full performance level GS-07 the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides technical support in staffing, classification, employee benefits, and automated personnel/payroll system activities for assigned client organizations.
- Scans, indexes, and maintains electronic and hard copy files in accordance with established regulations.
- Conducts new employee on-boarding process to include assembling new employee packages, presenting information to groups of new employees, and reviewing new employee documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Utilizes various automated systems to process the full range of personnel actions in accordance with established regulations, guidance, and deadlines.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- Use of Direct Deposit is required.
- You will be required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement
- Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service system, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. See http://www.sss.gov/.
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in a degree or certificate program at a qualifying educational institution on a full or part-time basis.
- If enrolled, you must be in good academic standing (At least a 2.0 GPA)
- You must provide a transcript (official or unofficial) and proof of enrollment/acceptance.
Company: U.S. Department of the Interior
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A