Website Delta Airlines
As a Cabin Service Agent, you will work with an innovative team whose common goal is to ensure that all aircraft interiors meet the Delta CareStandardSM level of cleanliness for each flight to drive a positive customer experience. At Delta, our brand is critical to our continued success. As a Cabin Service Agent, you play a key part in keeping our brand strong by, maintaining professionalism, and exhibiting a positive attitude inside and outside of work.
- Safely clean, sanitize, and provision aircraft cabin including all cabin seating areas, galleys, lavatories, crew rest areas, and cockpits.
- Lift and carry cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies required for servicing aircraft.
- Perform aircraft security inspections in accordance with current safety and security procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Safely drive and operate ground equipment such as cargo vans, trucks, and high-lift trucks in areas of congestion.
- Repeatedly bend and lift to clean and/or search all required areas.
- Operate electronic devices and computers to ensure aircraft are cleaned and searched pursuant to the required standards.
- Have strong verbal communication skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Be authorized to work in the US.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, lift, bend, and climb steps throughout shift.
- Ability to frequently lift tools, supplies, or items weighing up to and including 50 pounds.
- Pass a physical ability test (PAT), if fail PAT test, retest permitted within 4-8 weeks post failure.
- Pass a post-offer pre-employment drug test.
- Pass an extensive post-offer pre-employment background check, including fingerprinting and a criminal history record check required by federal law.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Company: Delta Airlines
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A