Website Credit Suisse
The Model Risk Management (MRM) team at Credit Suisse has the mandate to validate the Bank’s business-impactful models firm-wide and more generally to identify, measure and manage model risk across Credit Suisse. The team is established in London, Zurich, New York, Mumbai, Warsaw, Hong Kong and Singapore. As a member of the MRM team, you will get exposure to modelling in a wide variety of risk areas such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk etc. The current heightened regulatory focus on these areas and the team’s broader model risk scope also guarantees a significant level of interest and visibility to the business and senior management. Opportunities to present results to business partners, as well as peers, are numerous, allowing the candidate to widen and develop their network and reputation.
- Act at a Vice-President (VP) level, validate equities Pricing models to ensure they remain fit for purpose, and recommend improvements where necessary, including assessing model risk from assumptions and limitations.
- Review, verify and validate risk models for theoretical soundness, testing design and identification of model weaknesses.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, as well as contribute in the firm-wide model risk and control assessment.
- Be expected to demonstrate independence in planning and business partner engagement, testing design and execution, results in interpretation and presentation, and the production of documentation strong enough to evidence a sound challenge to both internal and external parties.
- Detailed understanding of products traded and risks generated by trading strategies.
- Hold a first degree in a quantitative field, e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, and preferably a Masters or PhD. Strong mathematical background in stochastic calculus, numerical methods and probability theory is essential.
- Hardworking, disciplined individual who can prioritize work and deliver high quality results to strict deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Proficient programming skills using one of the following Python, C# or F#.
- Client focus, results-oriented with the ability to communicate efficiently with senior business partners and explain complex topics to a broad range of audiences.
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous experience in quantitative risk management within an investment bank validating or developing derivative pricing models for Equities & Equity-Hybrids.
Company: Credit Suisse
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coventry, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A