Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
As a member of the IT Management Team, you are responsible for managing, developing, and leading a team of employees. Your role includes leading the specific functional responsibilities of your team, which involves overseeing team performance and deliverables. However, your role as a leader within our organization requires more than the management of resources and day-to-day operations. As a steward of the company, you are charged with the development and execution of your team’s strategic vision and plan and ensuring that your team’s actions align with the larger goals of the company and the IT Division.
This role is responsible for working with the Engineers and technical staff in the creation of a vision and strategy for the Costco IT Networking team, creating and maintaining a roadmap for the Networking teams, identifying future networking capabilities needed to support the business needs, driving the efforts with the team to completion, providing operational support for the enterprise network and drive improvements in the delivering operational excellence, providing vendor management of our current and future hardware, software, and data circuit vendors, and managing the compliance patching and SOX controls for the networking team.
As the primary conduit between your employees and upper leadership, your role in communicating and modeling the values and guiding principles of our company culture is of vital importance. All members of IT Management should strive to consciously and consistently foster a culture of engagement, trust, and “open door” communication.
- INTEGRITY: When achieving benchmarks and goals, use methods/strategies that are consistent with the Code of Ethics and the Standard of Ethics for Managers and Supervisors. Always leads by example. Appropriately handles employee concerns and follows through to resolution.
- MEMBER SERVICE: Provides and ensures staff provides an exceptional member experience.
- ADMINISTRATION: Ensures proper department coverage (writing schedule and break aids if needed). Understands department budget, able to research and explain budget variances.
- MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Coaches and mentors employees to provide support and guidance. Has regular open and honest conversations with employees to discuss work performance and career development. Identifies learning opportunities to strengthen employee knowledge, skill and ability.
- COMMUNICATION: Regularly shares information with employees via meetings and one-on-one conversations. Successfully navigates difficult conversations with employees, members, and suppliers. Listens, expresses empathy and adapts to get points across. Addresses issues immediately to ensure a timely resolution and to avoid escalating the situation. Consistently demonstrates business knowledge during interactions with senior management.
- SELF-MANAGEMENT: Demonstrates sound judgement, taking a partner when necessary. Ability to maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation or in intense, hectic situations.
- INCLUSION: Encourages different approaches and ideas to work and to accomplish goals. Seeks employee input. Takes the time to get to know or reach out to candidates who show potential that may not come forward on their own.
- COMPLIANCE AND SAFETY: Takes measures to ensure employee and member information is kept confidential and adheres to IS security policy. Takes responsibility for patching and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reporting.
- 5+ years’ hands-on Networking experience such as MPLS, LAN/WAN (including SD-WAN), wireless, etc.
- 5+ years’ management experience at a middle-management level.
- Proven experience developing a vision/strategy and a roadmap for implementing enhancement to a corporate network.
- HIPAA Training and Supervisors Orientation (within 30 days of hire); Leadership Development 101 (within one year); Costco Pay Policies (within 90 days of promotion).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yakima, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A