Balances, installs and rotates tires. Stocks, tags, and organizes all tires on sales floor, repairs tires. Resets vehicles TPMS sensors as required. Assists members with purchasing tires. Creates tire purchase and service invoice. Answers questions, makes recommendations using the 5 steps of selling and provides prompt and courteous member service. In locations with propane services: Once provincial certified, fills propane tanks following all safety procedures.
- Provides members with booked appointments for special orders at time of purchase.
- Assists in invoicing tire purchase and install/repair services. Loads appointment tires and transfers to preset staging area in sales.
- Locates member’s car in tire centre area of lot. Lists any body damage on service order. Drives member vehicle into install bay, onto hydraulic hoist and sets brake. Raises auto according to American Lift Institute standards.
- Performs various tasks of Station Operations throughout day.
- Cleans install area by sweeping, mopping, spraying, wiping.
- Assists members in determining tire needs, answers questions and makes product recommendations. Sells tires using persuasive skills and product knowledge.
- Re attaches wheels to auto using impact gun in accordance with TIA R.I.S.T Standards.
- Resets and or relearns vehicles TPMS sensors as required using Costco supplied reset tool.
- Alerts manager/lead to complete 10-point check, Torque and authorize vehicle release. Parks member auto in lot and returns invoice and keys to sales desk.
- Performs 40KM Torque check as required.
- Keeps tires in steel stocked in accordance with Tire Managers merchandising plan.
- Answers phone as required and provides price quotes by phone, in person and by email as needed.
- Tags and organizes all special order and .CA tires for efficiency.
- Rings up orders. Receives accurate payment, makes change, processes cheques, credit and debit charges, gives out receipt and submits order according to proper procedures for paperwork and performance of duties.
- Calculates refund amount for warranty returns of tires and auto batteries.
- Repairs flat tires for members according to Tire Industry Standards.
- In oil locations, performing complete oil changes on select vehicles.
- Removes wheel using impact gun. Follows safety and security procedures. Rolls wheel to mounting machine, removes tire from wheel. Attaches new valve stem or installs member paid service pack into TPMS sensor, mounts new tire on wheel, fills tire with Nirtogen to appropriate pressure.
- Operates wheel balancer to determine proper weight and placement to balance wheel. Attaches wheel weights to rims with wheel weight hammer.
- Communicates with Tire Centre manager, buyers, receiving department and inventory auditors regarding special orders, quantity, status, price, delivery and promotion of merchandise.
- Stocks tires in sales area in accordance with Tire Centre manager’s merchandising plan.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver’s license required.
- Must pass Costco Tire certification test. Propane locations: must pass appropriate provincial PP0-3 certification along with TDG Certification from PTI 100-11 program.
- Experience: Candidates with previous tire installation/tire sales experience will be given preference over other candidates.
- Knowledge/Skills: None.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A