Drive split-axle tractor/trailer to deliver goods from depot to warehouses and other locations. Haul empty trailers, trailers with pallets, and vendor loads back to depot. Drive hydraulic fifth-wheel tractor in depot yard to move trailers. Maintain driving and equipment records.
- Maintains all licenses, certifications, and testing in good standing and complies with company and government regulations, reporting, policies, and procedures.
- Documents accidents, notifies police and fleet management, and photographs accident scene.
- Hooks up and unhooks trailers to tractor by grasping and rotating from shoulder to set/disengage pin lock.
- Checks oil, air, water, and washer fluid, adding as needed. Scales axle weights before each trip. Installs tire chains as needed.
- Drives split-axle tractor/trailer combination to deliver goods from depot to warehouses and other locations within a 160 air-kilometre radius as outlined in dispatch instructions. Hauls empty trailers, trailers with pallets, and vendor loads back to depot.
- Performs driver’s vehicle inspection and fills out report on assigned equipment prior to operation and updates throughout the day. Records mileage and time on driver’s log.
- Assists with loading and unloading trailers at delivery and pick-up, as necessary
- Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
- Drives fifth-wheel hydraulic tractor to move, stage, and position trailers in depot yard. Cuts lock seals for inbound trailers. Checks and logs temperatures on refrigerated trailers, logs trailers in yard. Reports on yard and dock view and receives direction from guard booth, shipping, receiving, pallet, and fleet departments.
- Communicates with co-workers, other drivers, and vendors by citizen’s band radio, two-way radio, phone, and in person. Reports position, gets instructions, checks and reports on upcoming road conditions, notifies of arrival, and directs loading when necessary.
- Knowledge of cargo loading and securing practices required.
- Satisfactory physical exam results every 2 years is required.
- Successful comprehensive road test in company equipment required.
- 4 years tractor-trailer combination driving experience required.
- Class 1 commercial driver’s license, with Hazardous Materials Endorsement where applicable, is required.
- 3 years clean driving abstract required.
- Split-axle experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A