We’re currently working remotely due to Covid. The future will see us working in a hybrid way, with a mixture of home and office working.
We’re looking for data business analysts to join us and help us deliver change projects driven by data and business intelligence. Co-op is changing. We’re investing in our business and technology to create more value to our customers, members and communities. We’re developing a new data and loyalty centre of excellence, bringing membership, CRM and customer experience together to make sure that we deliver customer value informed by member behaviours, needs and practises.
As a data business analyst at the Co-op, you’ll work with a broad range of people from across our business to understand and document their data and BI requirements. You’ll be involved in projects right through from root cause analysis, to working with customers to mock-up and shape their end products. We’ll look to you to really get under the skin of their needs and establish yourself as a true expert who can understand the strategic context and make recommendations that’ll really add value to our data driven BI solutions.
- work with the business to understand different data and BI requirements
- manage multiple requests at any one time; prioritising based on importance
- support project and programme work; set up and attend workshops to understand what is needed from a data and BI perspective, and work with project teams to draw out requirements
- document and log any findings or issues, working with the business to come up with suitable solutions
- work with colleagues across the business to really get under the skin of requirements; understanding what information they’re looking for and what can realistically be provided
- work with developers to build business reporting solutions; take solutions back to the business to trial, feeding back any changes or issues
- follow ideas and manage the process from briefing through to testing of solutions
- resolve existing issues with current reports; understand why issues are happening and carry out root cause analysis
- demonstrable experience as a business analyst (in data, BI or analytics projects would be an advantage)
- experience of working on multiple projects at any one time
- excellent relationship management skills, and the confidence to influence and challenge all kinds of people at all levels
- great time management and prioritisation skills
- natural problem-solving skills, with experience performing root cause analysis
- the ability to change and adapt their approach to different audiences
- an awareness of BI and/or analytical platforms
- a formal business analysis qualification would be advantageous, but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, GB
Application Deadline: N/A