We’re currently working remotely due to Covid. The future will see us working in a hybrid way, with home working (if this works for you) sitting alongside occasional use of the office, for team meetings etc., in Manchester.
We’re looking for a lead visual designer at to join our digital team at Co-op. You’ll play a vital part in bringing storytelling to Co-op, developing the way customers experience Co-op products and services. All with an adept grasp of commercial realities, as part of our overarching CX strategy. If you can bring experience creating engaging and competitively advantageous online brand experiences, we can offer you the chance to build your digital career in a business focussed on it’s members, customers and community’s needs – up and down the UK, across a variety of business. It’s a big role – where you’ll have the chance to do work that matters.
As a lead visual designer with us you’ll make sure we create cohesive experiences across our services, which are focussed on meeting user needs. With an eye on the wider brand experience, you’ll collaborate with a wide array of both technical and non-technical colleagues across Co-op. Involving representing design to a range of colleagues at a variety of levels. They’ll be lots to get involved in, from the design work, to working on discovery projects.
the UK’s number 1 funeral services provider
June 7, 2017
Competitive intelligence about other applicants
* confidently communicate design decisions to other digital and business colleagues
Co-op company logo
You’ll also get a package that includes:
* consider the wider impact of the products you design, positively influencing the whole service experience
Co-op company photo 4Co-op company photo 4
See who’s viewing your profile
a growing legal services business
Get ahead with Premium Career
Co-op company photo 5Co-op company photo 5
a major general insurer
* deliver design work that’s in line with best practices for web and design standards
* contribute to the strategic and iterative improvement of digital services
* strong ability to communicate through sketches and low fidelity prototypes
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
* manage and mentor other designers
* competitive salary
Stand out as a featured applicant
* pension with up to 10% employer contributions
* experience in a role which includes visualisation of concepts and ideas from both broad and practical application perspectives
* lead the design process to imagine a future that communicates a better customer experience across our wide variety of businesses
* an appreciation of the value of user research to understand user needs
Millions of members use Premium
* 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
* the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues and partners
* the ability to work independently, and manage your own workload
* experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, would be ideal
Salary information is not available at the moment.
June 7, 2017
* discounts on Co-op products and services
What you’ll bring to the role
Retail 10,001+ employees 13,573 on LinkedIn
* experience in creating assets using animation or motion design to communicate ideas and concepts would be ideal, however this isn’t essential
* the ability to lead a digital design process at a strategic and conceptual stage through to prototyping and ability to communicate and handover to other teams
You have 0 out of 10 top skills among all other applicants
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities.
We’re one of the world’s largest consumer co-operatives, owned by millions of members. We’re the UK’s fifth biggest food retailer with more than 2,500 local, convenience and medium-sized stores.
Co-op company photo 1Co-op company photo 1
Contact recruiters directly
So, the more successful we are, the more we can give back to you and your local community.
Try Free for 1 Month
* a strong commitment to designing digital services that are accessible to all
Co-op company photo 2Co-op company photo 2
Premium MemberPremium Member
owork in an agile multi-disciplinary team to design digital services that meet user needs
Try Premium for free
* collaborate with colleagues to create a consistent, coherent user experience
Set alert for similar jobs
About the company
* annual incentive scheme
As well as having clear financial and operational objectives and employing nearly 70,000 people, we’re a recognised leader for our social goals and community-led programmes. We exist to meet members’ needs and stand up for the things they believe in.
June 7, 2017
* a proactive approach to identifying and nurturing opportunities for applying a CX strategy across Co-op businesses
Are you interested in salary information for this job?
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
* expertise in visual and interface design for web and mobile
Looking for talent?
Co-op company photo 3Co-op company photo 3
Match based on your LinkedIn profile:
That’s why we’re different.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Building an inclusive work environment
* coaching, training and support to help you develop
June 7, 2017
June 7, 2017
Pay range unavailable
17 people at Co-op also worked at Shell
See how you rank
You’re in the top % of applicants based on your LinkedIn profileYou’re in the top hidden percentage of a hidden number applicants based on your LinkedIn profile
* be an advocate for accessibility in all aspects of the design of a service
Qualification & Experience:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, GB
Application Deadline: N/A