Website U.S. Coast Guard
This position is located in Department of Homeland Security, US Coast Guard Academy, Mission Support Division, Facilities Engineering Division, Public Works Section, New London, CT.
You will be responsible for performing general labor support to gardeners; performing maintenance and improvement to the Academy grounds and support of athletic events, command sponsered events, and snow removal duties.
Being a civilian working for the Coast Guard makes you a valuable team member. Typical duties include:
- Serving as a work hand for such work as preventative maintenance, service work, equipment, roads, athletic fields and grounds maintenance.
- Setting up and/or rearranging tables, chairs or bleachers in dining areas, outside plazas, assembly rooms, auditoriums meeting rooms, and classrooms.
- Cleaning, oiling and making minor operational adjustments on power equipment utilized in the work.
- Performing a variety of tasks that include: trash removal, snow removal, grass cutting, unloading trucks, securing tools, carrying materials, equipment and supplies from shop to work site.
- Operating push/powered mowers, spreaders, seeders, tillers, power edgers, weed eaters, forklift, snow blower, leaf blower, tamper, chain saws, and other hand and power tools and equipment.
- Assisting in snow removal operations of all roads and walkways.
Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to perform the duties of the position rather than the length of experience. Eligibility will be determined by the relevance, scope, and quality of all experience and training, regardless of where or how acquired.
- Ability to perform the work of the position without more than normal supervision (SCREEN-OUT ELEMENT)
- Work practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order
- Ability to interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (other than blueprints)
- Ability to use and maintain tools and equipment
- Dexterity and safety
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Applicants will be evaluated on their ability to perform the duties of the position rather than the length of experience. Eligibility will be determined by the relevance, scope, and quality of all experience and training, regardless of where or how acquired.
Company: U.S. Coast Guard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A