Website Civil Service
The Business Discovery workstream is accountable to the Borders & Trade Programme for impacting new proposed scope elements and changes. It is a meaningful and integral part of the group’s change control, programme governance and change life cycle management.
You will be joining a small team of Business Analysts responsible for translating policy intent into business requirements (level 1), to enable those to be taken into delivery, working to results-oriented timelines and levels of complexity. You will also need to ensure that the overall solution design and policy intent is achieved across the full range of projects in delivery to ensure that the overall service proposition works for our customers.
- Analyse the potential consequences of a change, and estimate what needs to be modified to accomplish that change. Apply a focus on scoping changes within the details of the overall project design, identifying potential stakeholders.
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of identified benefits analysis, and lead on identifying business-related actions that will assist with project delivery.
- Engage with business owners, business change leads and users to ensure delivery of a common purpose.
- Work with business owners and business users to identify needs.
- Coordinate the work of analysts to ensure business needs are translated into solutions against identified timelines, and work with technical leads to ensure business needs are translated into the technical solutions.
- Apply recognised methodologies to audits, testing, and quality gates.
- Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process.
- Coordinate the work with Business Improvement teams, and the identification of BAU enhancements and their solutions, to ensure that defined project benefits are delivered.
- Engage with policy and strategy to ensure business systems, workflows and processes contribute to the target operating model.
- Ensure the delivery of change is made against a fully auditable process by producing/assisting with: frameworks; application of methodologies; operating model; functional specification; user cases; user stories; UAT plans and strategy; forms and templates; guidance, and business cases.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working within a team who are not co-located and can maintain a high level of performance while working remotely.
- Experience of working across a wide range of collaborator and stakeholder interests, with the ability to engage, influence and build strong relationships.
- You will be required to give a five minute presentation, without the use of slides, explaining what you believe you would bring to the role and how your previous skills and experience will apply.
- Experience of working to challenging deadlines.
- BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Liverpool, GB
Application Deadline: N/A