Website Civil Service
We are keen to attract individuals who can provide both leadership and technical direction to ensure the timely resourcing of IT Change Initiatives within the programme.
You will be responsible for developing, delivering and supporting IT solutions for those business areas which handle HMRC’s Customs, Excise and International Trade activities. Assuring system quality, making sure the technical work fits into the broader strategy for government you will be able to explore the benefits of cross-government alignment.
Working with multiple projects and teams you will be confident in your ability to empower, support and develop staff to achieve the highest performance standards. You will be comfortable providing direction, coaching and mentoring to other Architects within an environment that values the contribution of everyone.
It is expected that the successful applicant, once suitable to do so, may be required to be on call for which there is the appropriate additional remuneration of an on-call allowance and call outs but will not be entitled to Additional attendance allowance at this level.
Candidates will either have SC level security clearance or be willing to undertake such.
This post is full time however, those applicants who do or wish to work an alternative pattern are welcome to apply but are advised to speak with the job holder first. The preferred working pattern may/may not be available.
- Expertly lead on all aspects of the creation and quality of solution designs whilst ensuring your team are fully aligned to the ongoing Governance of end to end IT Solutions.
- Provide analysis of business requirements and the design, build, test and live release of new IT projects, as well as the ongoing support/maintenance of live IT applications.
- Ensure IT designs are fit for purpose, fully meet business requirements, deliver value for money and stay in sync with our Architecture Blueprints.
- Create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, handle risks, roadmaps and vision statements.
- Pro-actively engage and influence Business Stakeholders, IT Suppliers and other key partners to support IT transformation.
- Become an active member of the leadership team, supporting corporate responsibilities/objectives and promoting both organisational level performance and continuous improvement.
- Actively contribute to staff engagement and wellbeing with a clear vision.
- Validated leadership experience detailing your ability to empower, support and develop staff.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills, including direct experience at a strategic level of influencing senior colleagues.
- A broad IT background and specifically experience of working in a senior IT role within a large scale multi source development environment with a range of delivery partners.
- Previous involvement of playing a key role in setting organisational objectives, influencing policy and leading on technical and business change.
- Demonstrable ability to work with business and technology partners to translate business problems into technical designs.
- The ability to identify architecture sensitivities and cost drivers and work with partners to handle their impacts and take ownership for making key decisions at pace.
- Experience handling microservice and Cloud based platforms.
- An understanding of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve the best possible performance and capacity.
- A challenging attitude to the status quo with experience of engaging and communicating utilising the proper skills to communicate and drive the solution
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cardiff, GB
Application Deadline: N/A