Website City of Plano
- Patrols assigned areas; may be assigned to provide building security to Police and Courthouse premises.
- Maintains Police Department equipment.
- Present crime prevention information to the public.
- Receives calls for service; enforces parking regulations and write citations as appropriate.
- Takes reports both over the phone and in person; enters data into proper computer system.
- Assists Officers at traffic accident scenes.
- Participates in crowd control at special events and incidents.
- Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work schedule is essential.
- Assists Crime Prevention Officers with programs and presentations.
- Evaluates, researches, develops, implements and administers crime prevention programs.
- Responds to requests for crime prevention information from officers, the public and other police agencies.
- Develops brochures, pamphlets and other crime prevention literature.
- Fingerprints citizens, prepare city identification cards.
- Operates varied city vehicles, to include patrol vehicles, large vans and trucks and associated equipment such as police radios, sirens, video systems, etc.
- Performs Business Security and Home Security Assessments within the City of Plano.
- Works closely with civic, religious, educational and community groups.
- Receives and responds to traffic related complaints.
- Deployment Speed Trailers/Dollies; Radar Data Collectors
- Maintain Traffic Enforcement Database
- D.O.T. Inspection assistance
- Assist with mail, equipment and supply retrieval
- Large equipment maintenance
- Heavy lifting required for maintenance and deployment of equipment
- Traffic complaint Hotline and general traffic related complaints
- Assist Traffic Administrative Secretary with data entry and QC into various databases
- Assist with monthly and annual State and City reports
Company: City of Plano
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A