Website City of Pasadena
The City of Pasadena’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a GIS Analyst to assist in the design, development, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of the city’s Geographic Information System. Under general supervision, the GIS Analyst performs professional duties in support of City and departmental GIS databases and geographic information systems capabilities.
The ideal candidate will bring experience with some or all the following technologies:
ArcGIS Desktop suite and extensions 10.6 or higher including ArcGIS Pro 2.6 or higher.
Adept with scripting, automation, and programming languages
Esri enterprise Geodatabase data management
Web GIS technologies including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, and ArcGIS Web AppBuilder.
A successful candidate possesses professional knowledge of the theory and principles of GIS software and database manipulation and product/output development.
The major responsibilities of this position are listed below. For more detailed information, please review thejob description.
- Formats and generates a variety of GIS products including standard and custom maps and map series, standard map templates, shape files, graphics, tables and reports;
- Performs data searches and retrievals, extracts and organizes data and performs quality-control operations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data;
- Researches source documents and/or coordinates with others to resolve missing or conflicting data, discrepancies and other anomalies;
- Establishes map area and develops symbology, including thematic and category symbols;
- Uses cartographic and design principles to include legends, insets and reference information;
- Overlays maps over aerial imagery to produce custom products and verify and correct geospatial data; performs standard spatial analyses using established methods and procedures;
- Maintains and updates geospatial databases; extracts, cleans, adjusts and converts data and information from non-GIS systems into GIS formats;
- Converts addresses into GIS formats using geo-coding routines;
- Researches and corrects problems with data using spatial and logical analyses;
- Attention to Detail-Focusing on the details of work content, work steps, and final work products
- Analyzing and Interpreting Data-Drawing meaning and conclusions from quantitative or qualitative data
- Critical Thinking-Analytically and logically evaluating information, propositions, and claims
- Fact Finding-Obtaining facts and data pertaining to an issue or question
- Mathematical Facility-Performing computations and solving mathematical problems
- Using Technology-Working with electronic hardware and software applications
Company: City of Pasadena
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A