Website City of Oxnard
Under general supervision, performs general recreation and human services program duties involving youth; provides instruction or training to program participants; demonstrates a full understanding of all applicable policies, procedures, and work methods associated with assigned duties; and performs related duties as required.
The City of Oxnard’s Cultural and Community Services Department is seeking an energetic Afterschool Program Instructor to be part of our team.
- Provides direct program support for specific recreation and human services activities.
- Provides direct supervision of up to 20 students in grade levels 1-8 in recreation and human services programs or day camps; dispenses equipment; maintains equipment and facilities.
- Responds to questions and concerns from the public and program participants; provides information as appropriate and resolves concerns.
- They are to uphold the essential standards and grant requirements as noted by our partnership with local school districts.
- Provides homework assistance ensuring that it is completed neatly and correctly.
- Provide structured recreational and enrichment activities.
- Provides opportunities for participants to increase their English language fluency and proficiency.
- Implement content area lessons and classroom management strategies taught during professional development trainings.
- Attend assigned Professional Development Trainings during summer and throughout the school year.
- Performs other related duties as is necessary.
The following are minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the classification:
Any combination of education and experience that has provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for an Afterschool Program Instructor. A typical way of obtaining the required qualifications is to possess:
A high school diploma, or equivalent.
Be at least 18 years of age or older.
Some positions may require the possession of or ability to obtain a valid class C California driver’s license.
A valid First Aid/Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be obtained within six months of appointment.
Obtain a Mandated Reporter Training Certificate within six months of appointment.
Provide current Tuberculosis (TB) test results to the Oxnard School District prior to the first day of employment.
Company: City of Oxnard
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Santa Maria, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A