Website City of Ontario
The Ontario Police Department seeks a motivated individual to perform a variety of responsible and complex clerical duties in an assigned section of the Police Department. The Police Records Specialist Trainee is an entry-level class performing Police Records Specialist work under close supervision and training. Police Records Specialist Trainees are eligible for promotion to Police Records Specialist upon meeting the minimum requirements, receiving a satisfactory performance evaluation, and recommendation from management.
The ideal candidate will possess a go getter mentality; exhibit exceptional work ethic by taking initiative to ensure tasks are completed correctly and in a timely manner; and have the ability to remain focused, positive, and professional in a fast paced demanding environment. The successful candidate will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a model for the City’s Approach to Public Service – Commitment to the Community, Achieving Excellence Through Teamwork, and Doing the Right Thing the Right Way – and embodies the mission of the Ontario Police Department- Pride, Professionalism, Integrity and Teamwork
The essential functions typically performed by the Police Records Specialist Trainee include the following:
- Assists at the front counter of the Police Department; assists department personnel and the public by telephone or in person by providing general information regarding departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Releases requested reports and related information to the public or to outside agencies in accordance with established regulations.
- Transcribes police reports.
- Verifies, enters, and retrieves data in City, local, state, and federal law enforcement automated database systems.
- Maintains, sorts, copies, and distributes reports, and other materials; distributes mail.
- Files, seals, purges, and destroys police documents as directed and/or in accordance with established regulations.
- Receives fees at counter and issues receipts; balances daily cash register(s).
One year of responsible clerical experience.
Valid California Class C driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
Ability to work various shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Knowledgeof social media research tools; law enforcement databases and software programs (i.e.Coplink,CLETS) andcrime analysis software; modern police practices and methods; current laws and ordinances, particularly those of arrest, search, and seizure; and the geography of the City.
Candidates must demonstrate the ability to successfully complete a background investigation conducted by the Ontario Police Department. Supplemental Information
Company: City of Ontario
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A