Website City of Odessa
Primary duties are to provide maintenance cleaning, feeding and general attention to the animals housed in the shelter. Perform humane euthanasia. Ability and fortitude to dismember animal head from body, after humane euthanasia and submit specific for possible rabies analysis.
- Provides food, water, and general care of Shelter animals
- Cleans, disinfects, and removes all waste and dead animals from the Shelter, etc.
- Able to work well with livestock loading, unloading, feeding and water – horses, pigs, cows, goats, etc.
- Able to submit a specimen (head) with paperwork to Austin lab for rabies analysis. (cut animal head or dismember head from body)
- Maintain equipment, buildings and shelter grounds.
- Maintain oneself in proper uniform and general appearance and behavior.
- Able to operate two two-way communications systems.
- Able to perform all clerical work involved in adoptions, reclaims, payment of money due from quarantine fees, and any other monies coming into the shelter as needed.
- Maintains kennel pesticide control by methods approved by Manager.
- Practices safety procedures at all times.
- Performs humane euthanasia as prescribed by law.
- Maintains kennel records as directed by Animal Control procedures manual.
- Report inventory levels of pertinent kennel supplies.
- Maintains the quarantine rooms as prescribed by law and local manual.
- Operates and maintains crematory.
- Supports the departmental operations with regular and timely attendance.
- Ability to deal with the public tactfully and courteously and work harmoniously with other employees.
- Ability to humanely handle animals under various circumstances.
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain records from which reports can be prepared by the Secretary.
- Be able to lift medium and large size dogs.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of six (6) months heavy customer relations experience.
- Experience with animals and knowledge of their behavior preferred.
Company: City of Odessa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A