Website City of Odessa
Under general supervision, prepares and prosecutes misdemeanor cases for the City Attorney’s Office (CAO); represents the City Attorney in all aspects of assigned court cases; consults with victims and offenders, and develops legal intervention strategies; assures compliance with state and federal laws and CAO policies and procedures. Reviews documents and operational issues, and provides legal opinions and advice; analyzes legislation and operational impact, minimizes risk and liability, reviews contracts, advises on legal intervention strategies, and manages assigned legal issues.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Juris Doctorate Degree is required or reasonable expectation of obtaining in acceptable transition period.
- State of Texas criminal and civil statutes, rules, administrative orders, policies and procedures, and applicable Federal rules and regulations.
- Texas judicial procedures and rules of evidence.
- Legal precedents and court decisions impacting municipal government.
- Municipal government functions, political environments, and confidentiality standards.
- Principles and protocols for the evidentiary gathering of information, documents, financial records and other data that may be used in court and legal hearings.
- Texas court protocols and practices, and law enforcement agency procedures.
- Principles and practices of legal, ethical, and professional rules of conduct.
- Legal case management procedures, ethics and techniques
Company: City of Odessa
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Odessa, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A