Website City of Midland
- Visually inspects properties for code violations as initiated by a complaint or routine inspection.
- Enters data into the computer to generate notice of violations to property owners or to record inspections.
- Responds to citizen calls regarding code violations, mail information regarding zoning or city regulations.
- Researches planned districts, nonconforming uses, plats and illegal uses of property for the department.
- Manages city contracts for the clearing of lots, to include bidding projects, preparing contracts, awarding contracts and preparing payments to contractors.
- Conducts inspections to ensure proper environmental compliance in response to complaints.
- Provides information to the public and contractors regarding the requirements of zoning and related code and city requirements.
- Conducts field inspections of junked and abandoned vehicles, abandoned structures and other properties for compliance with city codes.
- Performs related duties as required.
Ability to effectively communicate with developers, citizens and other employees in order to provide information regarding city codes and possible violations.
Ability to read and understand materials including City Ordinances, professional literature,plans, correspondence and manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Skills in math. Skills to communicate both orally and in writing. Knowledge of office equipment including personal computer.
Company: City of Midland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Midland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A