Website City of McKinney
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our community was named “The #1 Best Place to Live in America.” Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a family. That’s why we exist.
Under general supervision, the purpose of the position is to perform technically in one or any combination of the following: right-of-way (ROW) maintenance, household hazardous waste (HHW) collection, or debris hauling. Employees in this classification perform skilled, manual work and are responsible for the operation of heavy equipment. Performs related work as directed by supervisor.
- Learn and demonstrate an understanding of how team, department, and City goals are interconnected.
- Contribute to a positive work culture.
- Ability to assess his/her work performance or the work performance of the team.
- Contribute to the development of others and/or the working unit or overall organization.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team, to demonstrate team skills, and to perform a fair share of team responsibilities.
- Ability to continuously learn and develop through a mix of internal and external training opportunities, and if applicable, encourage subordinates to do the same.
High school diploma or GED supplemented by two (2) years previous experience and/or training in one or all the following: vegetation maintenance, solid waste/recycling operations, or hazardous waste operations. A valid Texas Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) is required, or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
Knowledge of the materials, equipment, and tools used in the collection and disposal of litter, illegally disposed wastes, waste reduction practices and vegetation maintenance (e.g.; brush chipping, recycling). Experience in the operation of hand and power tools and equipment.
Company: City of McKinney
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A