Website City of Houston
Houston Water, Drinking Water Operations (DWO) Branch is seeking an Administrative Specialist to join its Senior Assistant Director’s Team. Successful candidate will perform analytical and administrative functions associated with organizing the activities of the assigned section. Must work well in a fast-paced team environment and demonstrate excellent leadership and initiative.
- Interprets and implements rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Drafts and implements standard operating procedure (SOP) revisions.
- Generate reports, maintain inventory and create surveys.
- Obtains proper signatures to expedite documents, personnel actions, reimbursements, travel authorization, etc.
- Coordinate/Assist with Texas Public Information Act (TPIA) requests
- Scans and uploads documents.
- Develops new employee packets (CMS) and keeps employee files current.
- Assists in inquiries and resolving issues.
- Serve as the Branch Records Management Coordinator
- Complete and maintain files and reports to monitor, issue, receive and salvage communication devices.
- Composes internal and external correspondence.
- Organizes, schedules, and prepares documentation for meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinates staff services, such as procurement, interviews, budget monitoring, customer service, and office management.
- Conducts analysis and develops flow charts for process improvements.
- Reviews and develops filing protocol for incoming documentation, reports, and personnel actions. Prepares summary reports.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- A detail oriented, multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and quickly adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Collaborative team player
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, or a closely related field.
- Excellent communicator – able to deal effectively with people at all levels across a multicultural environment
- Excellent verbal communication with a proficiency in written communication that is grammatically correct
- Have experience/license with DocuSign, Adobe Pro and Visio
- Have experience with Records Management, Human Resource processes, and TPIA requests
- Methodical, organized and excellent attention to detail
- Exhibit initiative and a willingness to take ownership of assignments
- Understand data/records management methods and reporting
- Perform at an advanced level in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
Company: City of Houston
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A