Website City of Garland
Responsible for setting paving forms, placing/finishing concrete operating various equipment in addition to performing a variety of construction tasks with assigned team members.
Operate a transit/level to set grade for paving forms, establish sub-grade and set grade pens for finished concrete grade.
Set forms for alleys, streets, driveways, sidewalks, ADA ramps, inlets, curbs and concrete structure improvements.
Place and finish concrete to correct grade to ensure proper drainage and smooth ride quality that adheres to all City, State and Federal Standards.
- Knowledge of safety practices and hazards standard to work area
- Knowledge of City of Garland Standard Construction Details
- Skill in effective oral and written communication
- Skill in maintenance, operations and maintenance of various concrete finishing equipment and tools
- Skill in general care, maintenance and repair of various concrete equipment and tools
- Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions
- Ability to perform physical labor
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and independently in the absence of supervision
High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
18 months experience
Ability to lift 50 pounds or more several times daily
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- 2 years experience
Company: City of Garland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A