Website City of Garland
Responsible for detaining and processing people who are arrested in the City of Garland and to humanely treat and protect the constitutional rights of the inmates during their time of confinement.
Process, detain and release arrested persons including juveniles, as well as maintain the welfare and security of the prisoners and staff.
Prepare and serve meals to prisoners, provide personal health care items and dispense medications as needed and appropriate.
Monitor the security of the Detention Center including the security cameras, unlocked doors and gates inside and outside.
Process and collect payments for bonds, fines and etc.
Prepare the arraignment packets for the judge.
- Basic knowledge of constitutional rights of prisoners
- Basic knowledge of law enforcement detainment policies and practices
- Basic knowledge of reporting management systems
- Basic skill transcribing, recording and confirming data
- Basic skill operating photographic and video recording equipment
- Basic skill operating a computer and basic office equipment
- Ability to subdue combative persons who may be under the influence of alcohol or other controlled substances
- Ability to remain calm under extremely violent or stressful interpersonal situations
- Ability to conduct a body search of someone of the same sex
- Ability to administer first aid or CPR
Valid Class C Texas driver’s license
First Aid/CPR Certification or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Up to 1 year experience as a detention officer or jailer in a government jail
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalen
Company: City of Garland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rowlett, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A