Website City of Garland
Responsible for performing basic grounds landscaping maintenance and removal of litter and debris from public roadways and open land areas around the landfill for the Hinton Landfill.
- Perform general housekeeping in shop and repair facilities.
- Operate a city vehicle to assist in carrying out routine maintenance.
- Operate power washer to clean facilities and equipment.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance on tools and equipment as needed.
- Collect and dispose of litter and debris from right of ways, grounds, roadsides, slopes, and fence areas.
- Operate line trimmer, riding lawnmower, and other small/light equipment, etc.
- Perform traffic control and truck spotter duties on ocassion as backup to operations
- Skill to operate various equipment including mowers, edger, power washer, etc
- Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions
- 6 months to 1 year grounds maintenance experience, or
- 6 months to 1 year light or heavy equipment operation experience
- Basic knowledge of operating equipment in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of vehicle and equipment maintenance
Company: City of Garland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rowlett, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A