Website City of Garland
Join the City of Garland Talent team! This position is a temporary position with full-time hours; however, there is a potential for it to transition to regular full-time.
This position is an integral part of the City’s recruitment process. This position will collaborate with a peer group of talent acquisition professionals to source high caliber and diverse talent to fill current vacancies and build talent pipelines for future needs.
- Utilize a variety of resources and creative techniques to source, develop, and maintain a qualified diverse pipeline of talent, available to access for immediate and future hiring to meet business needs, where applicable.
- Leverage recruiting resources such as internet, internal Applicant Tracking System (ATS), professional organizations and community associations to identify, recruit and network with candidates.
- Optimizes use of available resources to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Build search strings and Boolean searches.
- Post and manage employment opportunities on external job boards.
- Coordinate SparkHire online interviews.
- Maintains accurate and well-ordered documentation on candidates, searches, hiring manager interactions, and other recruiting activities to ensure legal compliance with employment practices, policies, processes, and applicable laws.
- Additional ad hoc projects and tasks as assigned in support of talent acquisition initiatives.
- Serve as back-up to other talent acquisition functions.
Associates Degree or equivalent college coursework in related area
2-3 years experience in a sourcing or recruiter role
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Intermediate knowledge of business practices and procedures
- Intermediate knowledge of human resources functions, specifically talent acquisition
- Experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS) – iCIMS, NeoGov, etc.
- Familiarity with LinkedIn, Indeed Easy Apply or other candidate sourcing databases and tools
- Intermediate skills in PC and MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of reliability
- Strong organizational, time management and process management skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, receive constructive feedback, and maintain adaptability and flexibility.
- Proficient oral and written communications skills, with the ability to resolve complex customer issues
- Ability to multitask and organize effectively, re-prioritizing as needed due to changing conditions
- Ability to adapt to various working environments
- Ability to work independently and/or in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and with little to no supervision
Company: City of Garland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Garland, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A