Website The County of Fresno
The Department of Agriculture is offering excellent employment opportunities for individuals interested in contributing their talents to Fresno County’s agriculture industry as an Agricultural Field Aide.
Agricultural Field Aides play a pivotal role in Fresno County’s agriculture industry by performing a variety of tasks in support of agricultural or weights and measures inspection activities, surveys, as well as pest control and detection programs in place to protect the consumer, the environment, and the industry.
At this time, the Department of Agriculture is looking to fill seasonal positions, specifically for seasons running March through November .
Samples of Duties The information listed below is meant to serve as samples of job duties and responsibilities for positions in this classification. This list is neither inclusive nor exclusive, but indicative of several types of duties performed. Consequently, this information does not reflect Essential Functions for any given position in this classification.
- Assists in a variety of routine quarantine activities.
- Maintains records and files.
- Assists in agricultural surveys and inspections to enforce provisions of the California Food and Agricultural Code, California Code of
- Regulations, and Fresno County Ordinance Code, relating to protection of various segments of the County engaged in producing or utilizing agricultural and other plant products, and the provision of weights and measures protective services.
- Conducts pest detection surveys to locate agricultural pests in accordance with State written guidelines, protocol and procedures.
- May prepare reports and correspondence.
- May perform simple repairs and adjustments on manually operated and power spray equipment
- Assists in the inspection of weighing and measuring devices.
- Assists in pest control and eradication activities such as mixing and spraying pesticides, baiting traps, and inspecting/removing suspected agricultural products.
- Common agricultural crops, their varieties, pests and diseases;
- Farming practices used in establishing, maintaining and harvesting agricultural crops;
- Gather designated data and keep accurate, legible records;
- Read, understand and interpret technical material;
- Safe driving practices;
- Basic mathematics.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Effectively manage multiple work assignments and meet established deadlines;
- Prepare clear and concise correspondence and reports;
- Chemicals used in basic plant and soil science as related to agricultural crop production;
- Safety procedures pertaining to the use of pesticides and related equipment;
- Learn the California Food and Agriculture Code and California Code of Regulations as it pertains to agriculture;
- Learn applicable Fresno County ordinances related to commodities standards and inspection;
Company: The County of Fresno
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A