Website The County of Fresno
Agricultural Field Aides play a pivotal role in Fresno County’s agriculture industry by performing a variety of tasks in support of agricultural or weights and measures inspection activities, surveys, as well as pest control and detection programs in place to protect the consumer, the environment, and the industry.
- Maintains records and files.
- Assists in agricultural surveys and inspections to enforce provisions of the California Food and Agricultural Code, California Code of
- Regulations, and Fresno County Ordinance Code, relating to protection of various segments of the County engaged in producing or utilizing agricultural and other plant products, and the provision of weights and measures protective services.
- Assists in the inspection of weighing and measuring devices.
- Conducts pest detection surveys to locate agricultural pests in accordance with State written guidelines, protocol and procedures.
- Assists in a variety of routine quarantine activities.
- May prepare reports and correspondence.
- May perform simple repairs and adjustments on manually operated and power spray equipment.
- Assists in pest control and eradication activities such as mixing and spraying pesticides, baiting traps, and inspecting/removing suspected agricultural products.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
- Learn applicable Fresno County ordinances related to commodities standards and inspection;
- Read, understand and interpret technical material;
- Farming practices used in establishing, maintaining and harvesting agricultural crops;
- Gather designated data and keep accurate, legible records;
- Basic mathematics.
- Safe driving practices;
- Demonstrate and maintain a high degree of maturity, integrity, accountability, and good judgment.
- Effectively manage multiple work assignments and meet established deadlines;
- Prepare clear and concise correspondence and reports;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all organizational levels, as well as with other agencies and the public;
- Chemicals used in basic plant and soil science as related to agricultural crop production;
- Learn the California Food and Agriculture Code and California Code of Regulations as it pertains to agriculture;
- Common agricultural crops, their varieties, pests and diseases;
- Safety procedures pertaining to the use of pesticides and related equipment;
Company: The County of Fresno
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A