Website City of Fremont
Fremont is a well-managed and innovative city! Located in the heart of
the Bay Area and Silicon Valley, Fremont prides itself on innovation, clean
technology and advanced manufacturing, a low crime rate, great schools,
a low unemployment rate, quality parks, nearby open space, and an
incredibly diverse population of over 235,000 residents. As a full-service
city, Fremont employs 962 regular employees and operates on a FY 2020-
21 General Fund budget of $213.4 million. With its strong and diversified
business base, Fremont is an important economic force in the region. The
City strives to be an innovator in municipal government, with dynamic
leadership provided by the City Council and City Manager.
The Human Services Department works to support a vibrant community
through the creation and maintenance of services that empower
individuals, strengthen families, encourage self-sufficiency, enhances
neighborhoods and fosters a high quality of life. The Department values
its people, creativity, quality service, integrity, open communication,
collaboration, building community partnerships, mutual respect and
diversity. Our staff finds their work challenging, yet rewarding, and most
importantly they enjoy the chance to make a difference through public
Receives client referrals or duty assignments, through Police Dispatch or MET Sergeant as part of the MET team, or
from the Homeless Services Manager or other team members in Human Services. In response to Crisis calls through
the Police Department, the Crisis intervention specialist will normally be deployed with a police officer. With other
field contacts, where there is no crisis situation, two Crisis Intervention Specialists, or a Crisis Intervention Specialist
and a Social Worker, may be deployed through Human Services to provide client outreach and follow-up services.
Additionally, a Crisis Intervention Specialist may also be asked to accompany a Code Enforcement Officer, or
Environmental Services Specialist or member of the Fire Department to provide information and resources to
• Conducts comprehensive client assessments to collect functional, psycho-social, environmental, employment,
financial, housing and family information in order to develop a stabilization plan.
• Assists as needed, in establishing a health home, including arranging required transportation to and from services.
• Conducts housing problem solving and housing assessment, as part of Alameda County’s Coordinated Entry System.
Assessments will be conducted at locations where client finds comfortable and is easily accessible.
• Assists with housing application and pertinent documentation procurement, as needed
• Trains to utilize County Housing Management Information System (HMIS) to enter and retrieve data related to work
with homeless clients.
The successful candidate will have any combination of education and/or experience that has provided the knowledge
and skills necessary to satisfactory job performance would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required
knowledge and skills would be:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in social services, psychology,
counseling, sociology, nursing or a related field; and
• Two (2) years of experience, one year of which has been with individuals with mental health challenges including
Company: City of Fremont
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A