City of Brownsville
The City of Brownsville is in a transformative period driven by significant public and private investments such as the expansion of the Brownsville-South Padre Island International Airport Passenger Terminal, Space X, the Port of Brownsville, Downtown Revitalization, and quality of life enhancements.
Our ideal candidate for Airport Operations and Maintenance Manager aspires to be a model of innovation, inclusion and empowerment who enables bold people and ideas to thrive. The Airport Operations and Maintenance Manager will be a participatory leader: a results-oriented, relationship-building, self-aware team player who also possesses high integrity, politeness, and fostering trust by building relationships with tolerance, patience and support in order to provide the best value in service of the citizens of Brownsville.
The Airport Operations and Maintenance Manager directs, plans, manages, and organizes all functions and responsibilities associated with the safe operations of the Airport’s Airside/Landside, Security, and Terminal operations. Establishes procedures to ensure efficient utilization of the Department’s resources. Coordinates with other departments within the City organization to ensure objectives are accomplished.
- The proper maintenance of all airport facilities, roads, grounds, equipment, and navigational aids;
- Compliance with all FAA and BRO regulations, procedures and guidelines including of 49 CFR Part 139; and
- Compliance with all environmental guidelines and regulations and maintains the Storm Water Pollution Protection (SWPP) Program for the airport.
- Manages ongoing inspections of airfield operations, and facilities to ensure compliance with the Airport Certification Manual, and the Airport Emergency Plan under Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) Part 139 and other applicable federal regulations; interprets and applies all information from FAA Advisory Circulars and Cert Alerts.
- Oversees the safety and security requirements related to construction activities of the Department and coordinates with Project Engineers, Contractors, other City Departments, and appropriate outside agencies. Acts as liaison between senior level Airport Management and Airport users; maintains communication with FAA, air traffic control tower, certification inspectors, airlines, Airport tenants and others.
- Develops specifications for the acquisition of equipment, services, and supplies associated with the safety and security operation of the airfield and facilities. Monitors the procurement of services and materials and ensures compliance with all current City procurement and contracts policies and guidelines.
- Provides input to assist in the development of the annual departmental budget. Monitors all maintenance, safety and security funding accounts to ensure compliance with the budget’s constraints.
- Leads staff to encourage staff development; prepares daily work schedules; hires, promotes, and implements disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned by the Director or Assistant Director of Aviation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Aviation Administration, Business Administration, Public Administration, and Operations Management or related field.
- The City may consider a combination of education and experience depending on two years of related work experience for every one year of formal education.
- Ability to pass a personal, criminal and employment background check.
- Job requires two (2) years of aviation related experience with progressively responsible experience in airport operations, or related field.
Company: City of Brownsville
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brownsville, TX, US0
Application Deadline: N/A