City of Brownsville
SELECTION COMMUNICATION VIA EMAIL
If selected for an interview you will receive an invitation to the email provided on your application. It is your responsibility to update us if email changes.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The City of Brownsville is in a transformative period driven by significant public and private investments such as the expansion of the Brownsville-South Padre Island Airport Terminal, creation of a New Space City, the Port of Brownsville, Downtown Revitalization, and quality of life enhancements.
The ideal candidate for Network & IT Systems Security Admin. aspires to be a model of innovation, inclusion, and empowerment who enables bold people and ideas to thrive. A Network & IT Systems Security Admin. will be a participatory leader: a results-oriented, relationship-building, self-aware team player who also possesses high integrity and politeness, and who fosters trust by building relationships with tolerance, patience, and support to provide the best value in service of the citizens of Brownsville.
The Network & IT Systems Security Admin. is responsible for tasks associated with active directory server and domain user controls. Maintains virtual machine servers and networks. Manages, supports, and administers third-party specific use applications. Configures and deploys network infrastructure including firewalls, servers, routers, and switches. Assists with troubleshooting and maintenance of network infrastructure and applies security controls across the network.
- Leadership Skills
- Change Management
- Critical Thinking
- Learning and Development
- Active Listening
- Problem-Solving and Customer service
- Communicating Technical Information to Non-Technical Audiences
- Developing Effective Working Relationships
- Adapting to Changing Priorities
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Information Technology – Networking, Systems, and Security
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Perform sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time and involves exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis or sustained keyboard operations
Company: City of Brownsville
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brownsville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A