The AML Statistician will work under the supervision of a Functional Team Manager (within Independent Validation covering NAM, LATAM, and Mexico) to provide statistical analyses and reports. The scope of these analyses will cover all aspects of the work performed by IV across various Citi AML activities—e.g., optimization, segmentation, tactical tuning, KYC, etc.—depending on current needs and project plans. A primary area of focus for this position will be the validation of scoring models and scenarios for AML monitoring purposes. The AML Statistician will follow the established globally-consistent methodology but is expected to have a high level of initiative and creativity and be able to suggest enhancements to the current methodologies where appropriate. Requirements include a background in statistics and/or mathematics (including experience in predictive and ensemble decision tree modeling), as well as a working knowledge of SAS, R, and Python. It is preferred that the candidate also have experience with data analysis and/or data mining. Experience and knowledge in banking and finance is desirable. The ability to read and create thorough, high quality, formal statistical documentation, and reports is important. Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not necessary.
- Prepare and validate data. Apply quantitative and qualitative analysis methods. Perform statistical and non-statistical data exploration. Identify data quality issues and work with Technology to address them.
- Document solutions and present results in a clear, comprehensive manner to a non-technical audience, and draft formal documentation and reports using statistical terminology.
- Enhance existing methodology. Review the statistics and machine-learning literature to generate new ideas, concepts, and models and to improve existing methods of obtaining and evaluating data. Escalate identified risks and sensitive areas in existing methodologies and processes.
- Maintain an industry-leading knowledge of the tools, systems, and processes available for a best-in-class AML monitoring and detection system.
- Conduct data-driven analyses and create reports. Apply alternative machine learning methods (e.g., logistic regression, ensemble modeling, or other quantitative methods) to build models and to conduct analyses. Analyze and interpret data reports, draw conclusions, and make recommendations answering specific business needs.
- Strong statistical academic background, knowledge of quantitative methods, including predictive modeling techniques.
- An ability to manipulate data using SQL or equivalent
- Previous experience with a financial services company (retail banking, small business banking, commercial banking, etc.)
- Statistical/data analytical skills—including the calculation and interpretation of outcomes
- Ability to work with analytical toolsets that interact with the Hadoop ecosystem
- Ability to develop solutions using Python as the primary programming language
- Ability to engage in conceptual and creative out-of-the-box thinking
- Self-motivation and a strong high desire for self-development and learning
- Ability to coordinate with other members of the team and to deal with conflicting time demands
- Very good formal written and oral communication style
- Ability to express thoughts and concepts clearly
- Advanced statistical analysis
- Ability to work well with a variety of people and to show a team-player attitude regardless the scope of responsibilities
Qualification & Experience:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A