Serves as senior risk manager and corporate governance subject matter expert for the Citi Ethics Office. The Citi Ethics Office sits within Legal and is responsible for establishing and communicating Citi’s ethical values and principles through Citi’s Code of Conduct and Code of Conduct training, managing Citi’s Ethics Hotline, working with business and control functions to identify control enhancements, and reporting on significant matters to Citi’s internal and external stakeholders, including the Ethics, Conduct and Culture Committee of the Boards of Citibank, N.A. and Citigroup Inc. The Ethics Office works with internal and external partners all over the world on internal investigations of employee-related issues. The team closely coordinates with other Citi control functions to handle investigations and to identify and escalate matters as appropriate.
- Manage all required preparation for select Board level and management committee meetings, including but not limited to proposing agenda items based on regulatory, legal, and firm developments; requesting and reviewing materials from participants across all three lines of defense – providing direction and guidance to control function and business partners regarding content of Committee materials; facilitating senior management’s review of materials; ensuring conformance to Board requirements and protocol; acting as a central point of contact for Committee processes; and working closely with management on Committee administration.
- Making appropriate recommendations to improve controls and systems.
- Assisting in preparation of reports and metrics for distribution to business committees, senior management, auditors and regulators.
- Assisting with other Ethics Office initiatives as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Make appropriate recommendations to improve corporate governance processes.
- Participating in investigations, resolutions and follow up of matters as needed.
- Identifying and reporting trends, significant matters and compliance issues to senior management.
- Developing charts/analyses to highlight trends, correlations and key issues.
- Liaising with partners in businesses, ICRM, Human Resources, Legal, Security, and other functions, as appropriate, on investigations and other Ethics Office initiatives.
- Expertise of Compliance and corporate governance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies;
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Advanced knowledge in area of focus
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive;
- Highly motivated, attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Experienced presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A