Website Central Intelligence Agency
As a Targeting Officer for the CIA, you will identify the people, relationships, and organizations having access to the information needed to address the most critical US foreign intelligence requirements and find opportunities to disrupt terrorist attacks, illegal arms trade, drug networks, cyber threats, and counterintelligence threats.
Targeting Officers are integral to the planning and implementation of Directorate of Operations (DO) foreign intelligence collection, counterintelligence, and covert action operations. You will combine specialized training, advanced analytic skills, the most sophisticated analytic tools available, and in-depth knowledge and experience in DO operational tradecraft to identify new opportunities for DO operational activity and to enhance ongoing operations.
Many Targeting Officers spend much of their career serving in the Washington, DC area with opportunities for overseas travel. Opportunities for Targeting Officers to serve multi-year postings overseas exist, but these positions are competitive.
All Directorate of Operations (DO) officers are hired at an entry level and train as they are expected to work – as one team. Operations Officers begin their careers spending one to two years learning the foundations of clandestine operational tradecraft via classroom training, practical exercises, and on-the-job experience gained through a series of interim assignments. Following successful completion of the foundational training, each DO officer will transition into advanced training activity to prepare them to serve effectively in their respective career occupational specialty.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a four-year degree will be considered); there is no preferred major or program of study (degrees from foreign academic institutions are accepted, but you are responsible for obtaining and providing CIA with a credential evaluation from an accredited firm confirming that the foreign degree is the equivalent of a BA/BS and/or MA/MS degree conferred by a US college or university).
- GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred.
- Personal integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)-Action- and results-oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and commitment to the mission of the CIA and the Directorate of Operations.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A