Website Central Intelligence Agency
As a Specialized Skills Officer (SSO) for the CIA, you will join a cadre of results oriented professionals who accept significant responsibilities and embrace accountability for results.
SSOs conduct and/or directly support CIA operations by leveraging technical skills in either specialized military fields and/or experience in media, communications, marketing, advertising, issue advocacy, crisis management, or technology development. These skills and experiences often include aviation, maritime, psychological operations, civil affairs and information operations. SSOs are a distinct occupation in the Directorate of Operations (DO) and play a unique role in support of intelligence operations for US policymakers, support to Covert Action programs at the direction of President of the United States, and facilitate CIA’s Covert Action infrastructure.
All Directorate of Operations (DO) officers are hired at an entry level and train as they are expected to work – as one team. Operations Officers begin their careers spending one to two years learning the foundations of clandestine operational tradecraft via classroom training, practical exercises, and on-the-job experience gained through a series of interim assignments. Following successful completion of the foundational training, each DO officer will transition into advanced training activity to prepare them to serve effectively in their respective career occupational specialty.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (applicants within one year of earning a four year degree will be considered); there is no preferred major or program of study (degrees from foreign academic institutions are accepted, but you are responsible for obtaining and providing CIA with a credential evaluation from an accredited firm confirming that the foreign degree is the equivalent of a BA/BS and/or MA/MS degree conferred by a US college or university).
- GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4-point scale is preferred.
- Personal integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)-Action and results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and commitment to the mission of the CIA and the Directorate of Operations.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sarasota, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A