Website Central Intelligence Agency
As an Occupational Health Nurse for the CIA, you will have diverse and challenging opportunities in occupational health for experienced nurses who enjoy a varied practice in travel medicine, OSHA programs, acute employee health care and emergency preparedness. You will provide a range of occupational health services, such as identifying and assessing occupational and non-occupational illness and injuries.
You will also administer a full range of immunizations and provide medical information to those traveling overseas. Utilizing your experience and education, you will respond to medical emergencies, provide emergency medical assessments and interventions independently, plus inspect and maintain emergency supplies and equipment. You will also be involved in implementing health education programs to comply with federal regulations and to meet organizational needs. This entails conducting and supporting OSHA mandated programs, administering spirometric testing, hearing exams, etc., in addition to providing individual counseling to employees on disease prevention and health promotion.
Occupational Health Nurses support clinical requirements as mission needs mandate and are expected to maintain required certifications along with knowledge, skills and expertise through professional development activities. As part of our team you will receive excellent benefits and a variety of medical and non-medical training will be provided.
- US citizenship required (dual national US citizens are eligible).
- All positions require relocation to the Washington, DC metropolitan area.
- All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- All applicants must generally not have used illegal drugs within the last twelve months. The issue of illegal drug use prior to twelve months ago is carefully evaluated during the medical and security processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields or related studies:
- Health-related area.
- Registered as an R.N. in good standing in one or more states.
- Five or more years nursing experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Critical care.
- Emergency nursing.
- Public health nursing.
- Occupational health nursing.
Company: Central Intelligence Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A