The Software Engineer contributes to design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art Digital Asset Management platform. This position will build a world class platform to host a wide range of Digital Asset Management applications
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development and/or maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, and/or distributed computing systems.
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- The position manages the completion of its own work assignments and coordinates work with others. Based on past experiences and knowledge, the Software Engineer normally works independently with minimal management input and review of end results.
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Experience with Adobe Scene7
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Hands on experience working with a Digital Asset Manager (DAM)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the following:
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A