The key role of this second level analyst position is to move from learning and assisting others to learning to contribute independently. The Information Scientist II is expected to be familiar with the company’s processes, products, and organization. Work is typically directed by a project or team lead who might review both methods and results. Decisions on routine, limited risk issues that may affect the project team, suppliers or internal customers may be made by this position. Challenges include meeting expectations in delivering results, learning to consider alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing communication skills.
- Drive business value creation & extraction: Lead and execute business facing analytics projects in the fields of customer segmentation (aftermarket attributes and service behaviors), repair profile (e.g. market-based repair levels) and equipment service lifecycle.
- Collaborate with data scientists: Data exploration, explore impacts of latest analytics models.
- Intake external questions and new requirements from business segments
- Interest in large machinery and basic knowledge of mechanical parts and telematics
- Solid understanding of the data processing tools (storage, algorithms, etc.)
- Data visualization: Intermediate (Tableau)
- Knowledge of (non-)relational /(un-)structured/graph databases / APIs etc.
- Organized, fast learner, curious and proactive
- Strong analytical skills: ability to interpret data to solve business issues & vulgarize results for a large and diverse audience
- AWS environment: Basic – Be able to leverage effectively the Sagemaker environment
- SQL knowledge: Intermediate (Snowflake)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A