Website Canadian Tire
The Team Leader will play a key role within the inbound department as they are responsible for managing and achieving the daily and weekly production targets, leading their teams towards achieving the business unit objectives, and providing leadership to a team of direct reports.
- Assist in developing new strategies of efficiencies to lower costs and provide appropriate reporting information to regulate and analyze productivity and inventory
- Provide regular coaching and guidance to all team members pertaining to work expectations, accountability, and deliverables
- Plan and oversee daily and weekly operations requirements and objectives within their business unit
- Determine labour needs based on workload and assign tasks accordingly
- Conduct annual performance evaluations in accordance to demonstrated work deliverables and behaviours as well as set objectives for team members which align with business objectives
- Key holder, responsible for security of the facility
- Motivate and mentor coaches, designated trainers, and team members
- Assist in areas relating to Loss prevention, Security, and Safety Controls
- Consistently meet internal and external customer expectations through teamwork, respect and willingness to help and support others
- Play a key role in assisting the FGL Health & Safety initiative by ensuring all members adhere to proper safety procedures and protocols
- Demonstrates good time management skills independent of supervision.
- Listens to and follows instructions correctly
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written
- University degree in a related discipline i.e. Logistics, Supply Chain, Business etc.
- Demonstrates flexibility to work varying hours and shifts, and occasional to frequent overtime.
- Demonstrates high motivation and energy and works with a sense of urgency in critical situations
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Extensive experience in leading and motivating employees
- 4 or more years of experience in a coaching or leadership type role, preferably in a warehouse and/or logistics environment
- Demonstrates skill in confronting issues, problem solving, and decision making to achieve desired results
- Accepts accountability and responsibility
- Initiative to continually improve performance and work process through feedback, problem solving and generating new ideas
- Intermediate computer skills are required including Microsoft Office
Company: Canadian Tire
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A