Website Canada Post
Imagine starting a career with a world leader in the postal industry, recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens. As a Rural and Suburban Mail Carrier with Canada Post, you can. We’re looking for dependable, organized individuals to deliver mail in various communities.
If you enjoy working with the public and operating a motor vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions, then you’re ready to embark on a rewarding career and call the open road your office.
You’ll be joining an organization focused on growth and innovation, and enjoy a comprehensive total rewards package – including a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and retirement package and the chance to grow with us and explore your career potential.
- Provide a qualified replacement or helper to cover vacation/absences or extra hours (as required)
- Project a positive and courteous manner when dealing with customers face-to-face
- Process various CPC products and services (Change of Address Notification, Damaged Mail, Items Delivered Bill (IDB) and others)
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of local infrastructure including roads, customers and delivery receptacles
- Be adept at sorting, collecting and delivering mail items, in a safe and timely manner
- Wear Canada Post identification while on delivery and ensure its visibility while delivering and collecting mail from customers
- Ensure mail is safely secured in their possession
- A minimum cargo capacity: 100 cu ft (2832 liters)
- Fifth door / hatchback to allow for oversized and bulky items to be loaded (preferred).
- Automatic Transmission
- Possess a valid permanent provincial driver’s license
- Power windows
- Have a satisfactory safe driving record
- The middle of passenger window sill that is between 38″ and 45″ frin the ground and maximum interior width of 56″
- A metal roof-top and accessory power outlet to accommodate a Canada Post sign and flashing light
- Provide and maintain the required automobile liability insurance for the use of your vehicle
- Notify your insurance company as to the use of your vehicle while employed at Canada Post
Company: Canada Post
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Clarenville, NL, CA
Application Deadline: N/A